Trademarks allow consumers to distinguish the products or services they represent according to the company from which they come. They are the responsible link between producers and their final consumers. With the globalization in business, harmony and coordination through international legislation becomes vital. This issue becomes more complicated when there is more than one legal system within a country with significant differences such as Mainland China and Macao Special Administration Region.
In this seminar, we will talk about:
– The impact of international legislation on Mainland China and Macao
– Comparison of regulations and structures in Mainland China and Macao on trademarks, similarities and differences.
– Territorial and International protection of trademark
– Analysis of practical cases
– How to register a trademark in Macao